- Working with Contacts and Schedules
- Adding Contacts to Address Book
- Creating Groups of Contacts
- Creating a Smart Group
- Exporting Contacts as vCards
- Importing a vCard into Address Book
- Mapping a Contacts Address
- Adding a To-Do in iCal
- Adding an Appointment in iCal
- Modifying an Event in iCal
- Switching Calendar Views in iCal
- Setting Up an Alarm in iCal
- Inviting Contacts to Events in iCal
- Putting Contacts, Bookmarks, and Calendars Online
- Searching Calendars in iCal
- Subscribing to an iCal Calendar
- Publishing an iCal Calendar
- Making Notes in Mail
- Turning an Email into a To-Do Item
- Syncing a PDA, an iPod, or a Phone with Your Mac
Creating a Smart Group
You create smart groups in the Address Book, but your Mac maintains them. After you determine the criteria for a contact’s inclusion in a smart group, the Mac makes sure that the right contacts are sorted into that group at all times, even after you’ve changed contact information or added new contacts.
- Choose File, New Smart Group.
- Type a name for the group.
- Choose criteria for the group’s members.
Click + to add criteria.
- Click the box labeled Highlight group when updated to have Address Book highlight the group’s name when it contains new members.
- Click OK to create the group.
- Click the group’s name to see its members in the Name column.
- Control-click the group’s name to email its members or export their contact data.