- Working with Contacts and Schedules
- Adding Contacts to Address Book
- Creating Groups of Contacts
- Creating a Smart Group
- Exporting Contacts as vCards
- Importing a vCard into Address Book
- Mapping a Contacts Address
- Adding a To-Do in iCal
- Adding an Appointment in iCal
- Modifying an Event in iCal
- Switching Calendar Views in iCal
- Setting Up an Alarm in iCal
- Inviting Contacts to Events in iCal
- Putting Contacts, Bookmarks, and Calendars Online
- Searching Calendars in iCal
- Subscribing to an iCal Calendar
- Publishing an iCal Calendar
- Making Notes in Mail
- Turning an Email into a To-Do Item
- Syncing a PDA, an iPod, or a Phone with Your Mac
Publishing an iCal Calendar
What can you publish? Well, you can choose to share your home or work calendar with your family or colleagues. Or you might decide to be the keeper of the birthdays among your friends and publish a calendar showing everyone’s special days. You can use your MobileMe account or a free web service to publish calendars, as you prefer.
- Click the calendar you want to publish.
- Choose Calendar, Publish.
- Type a name for the published calendar.
Click the check boxes to publish changes automatically and to publish both the title and notes for an event (rather than just its title).
- Click the check boxes to publish alarms and to-do items.
- Choose an option from the Publish on pop-up menu for where you’re publishing the calendar: using MobileMe or using an independent server.
- If you’re using an independent server, enter its URL and your login name and password.
- Click Publish.