- Working with Contacts and Schedules
- Adding Contacts to Address Book
- Creating Groups of Contacts
- Creating a Smart Group
- Exporting Contacts as vCards
- Importing a vCard into Address Book
- Mapping a Contacts Address
- Adding a To-Do in iCal
- Adding an Appointment in iCal
- Modifying an Event in iCal
- Switching Calendar Views in iCal
- Setting Up an Alarm in iCal
- Inviting Contacts to Events in iCal
- Putting Contacts, Bookmarks, and Calendars Online
- Searching Calendars in iCal
- Subscribing to an iCal Calendar
- Publishing an iCal Calendar
- Making Notes in Mail
- Turning an Email into a To-Do Item
- Syncing a PDA, an iPod, or a Phone with Your Mac
This chapter is from the book
Setting Up an Alarm in iCal
If you want to be reminded before an appointment, you can set up an alarm that will get your attention to let you know the appointment is coming up. iCal alarms take several forms: displaying a dialog box, displaying a dialog box and playing a sound, sending an email, or opening a specified file.
- Double-click the appointment to which you want to add an alarm.
- Click Edit.
- Click the alarm pop-up menu and choose an alarm type; then specify a sound, a file, or an email address to use, if necessary.
- Set the time for the alarm to appear and then click Done.