- Secure Your Private Network
- Protect Your Hotspot Users
- To Cover Large or Busy Areas, Consider Creating a Wi-Fi Mesh Network
- Place the Hotspot Gateway in a Central Spot
- Use an Identifying Network Name (SSID)
- Discover the Hotspot-Specific Firmware Replacement: CoovaAP
- Possibly Use a General Firmware Replacement
- Look into Using the Sputnik Service
- Look into 802.1X Authentication and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Encryption
- Consider ZoneCD if You Have an Old PC Lying Around
Look into 802.1X Authentication and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Encryption
If you are a security freak or if you have users who are, you might want to check into using the enterprise mode of WPA/WPA2 encryption.
Unlike the pre-shared key mode of WPA/WPA2, users don't know the actual encryption key. They'd log onto the network with a username and password, as required by the 802.1X/PEAP authentication.
If interested, check out the free CoovaAAA service.