- Secure Your Private Network
- Protect Your Hotspot Users
- To Cover Large or Busy Areas, Consider Creating a Wi-Fi Mesh Network
- Place the Hotspot Gateway in a Central Spot
- Use an Identifying Network Name (SSID)
- Discover the Hotspot-Specific Firmware Replacement: CoovaAP
- Possibly Use a General Firmware Replacement
- Look into Using the Sputnik Service
- Look into 802.1X Authentication and WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Encryption
- Consider ZoneCD if You Have an Old PC Lying Around
Place the Hotspot Gateway in a Central Spot
Remember, Wi-Fi doesn't travel long distances and the signals are lessened quite a bit by walls. So try to place the hotspot gateway or router as close as possible to the desired coverage area, preferably right in the middle.
Don't just hook it up in a back room or office. If needed, have a new cable or phone jack installed in a better location.