- The True Costs of Paper
- Technology Cost of Managing Data
- Calculating Your Own Paper Cost
- Automated Paper Calculators
Automated Paper Calculators
A few automated systems are available online to calculate your paper cost and the environmental cost of using paper. Following is a list of some of the paper calculators you can use:
- The Office of the Federal Environmental Executive offers a free paper calculator that calculates the energy and wood consumption and environmental impact across the full life cycle of various paper types.
- Inland Productivity Solutions offers a paper calculator that helps to determine costs for managing paper-based filing systems. It calculates paper and storage costs as well as labor costs.
- Save As Paperless Solutions offers a Word document paper calculator that presents a framework to add up monthly costs of paper management for a total year cost.
- The Environmental Defense Fund offers a paper calculator that focuses on environmental aspects to help quantify the benefits of various paper choices.
- Neenah Paper offers a paper calculator that calculates the environmental impact and savings of using various papers.
K.J. McCorry is the owner of Officiency Enterprises, Inc., which provides productivity and sustainability consulting services. She is the author of Organize Your Work Day In No Time and is currently working on her second book, The Paperless Office (scheduled for publication in 2009). She has a B.A. in psychology and international business from Metropolitan State College and an M.A. in business from the University of Denver.