- What Is a Network? What Is Networking?
- Why Build a Network?
- How Networks Are Put Together
- The Network Architecture: Combining the Physical and Logical Components
- Two Varieties of Networks: Local and Wide Area
- How the Internet Relates to Your Network
- Connecting to the Internet
- Why the Internet Matters
- Intranets, Extranets, and internets
In this hour, we’ve learned about what computer networks are and how they operate. We’ve also come to know a bit about bits, bandwidth, and bits per second (bps). We’ve explored network topologies, local and wide area networks, and the Internet and internets.