- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items
- Adding Information "On-the-Fly"
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
This chapter is from the book
Searching for Transactions
If you are looking for a particular transaction, such as a payment you received or check you wrote, you can find the transaction by searching in your check register.
- Select Lists, Chart of Accounts to open the Chart of Accounts (or press Ctrl+A).
- Double-click the name of the cash account you use for your payments and deposits. The account register appears.
- Click the Go To button.
- Click the arrow next to Which Field to display a list of field choices.
- Click the field in which you want to conduct your search.
- In the Search For area, enter the payee name, account name, or amount for which you are searching.
- Click Back to search backward in the register, or click Next to search forward.
- Continue clicking Back or Next until you find the transaction you want.
- Click Cancel when you’re ready to close the Go To window.
- Double-click the register transaction to display the original form that was used to create the transaction.