- Tip #1: Welcome (Dont Hate) the Ribbon
- Tip #2: Meet the New File MenuThe Office Button
- Tip #3: Remove the New Default Paragraph Spacing
- Tip #4: Spice Up Documents with Quick Parts and Building Blocks
- Tip #5: Use SmartArt to Visually Stimulate
- Tip #6: Add Shortcuts to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Tip #7: Understand the Compatibility Issues
- Tip #8: Change the Default Saving Format
- Tip #9: Change the AutoRecover Save Interval
- Tip #10: Protect Your Privacy with Document Inspector
Tip #5: Use SmartArt to Visually Stimulate
Boy, has the Diagram Gallery been expanded and improved. It used to offer only six organizational chart and diagram types, but Office 2007 sports more than 100 types. Figure 4 shows several examples.
Figure 4 Adding modern-looking graphs and diagrams is a cinch.
Plus they look slicker, giving your documents a more modern feel. The SmartArt is so smart that it outsmarts the spell checker; the word isn’t automatically in the Office dictionary.