- Tip #1: Welcome (Dont Hate) the Ribbon
- Tip #2: Meet the New File MenuThe Office Button
- Tip #3: Remove the New Default Paragraph Spacing
- Tip #4: Spice Up Documents with Quick Parts and Building Blocks
- Tip #5: Use SmartArt to Visually Stimulate
- Tip #6: Add Shortcuts to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Tip #7: Understand the Compatibility Issues
- Tip #8: Change the Default Saving Format
- Tip #9: Change the AutoRecover Save Interval
- Tip #10: Protect Your Privacy with Document Inspector
Tip #3: Remove the New Default Paragraph Spacing
When creating new Word 2007 documents, you’ll find that Microsoft has changed the default paragraph formatting. The line spacing has been slightly increased from 1 line, single-spaced, to 1.15 lines. Plus, paragraph spacing has been added, specifically a 10-point spacing after paragraphs.
If you don’t want the new spacing, you can quickly select the No Spacing option from the Styles on the Home tab. If you find yourself doing this often, you can change the default style. To do so, right-click the No Spacing style from the Styles Gallery on the Home tab of the Ribbon and choose Modify. Then choose the New Documents Based on This Template radio button and click OK.