The Sample Projects
In the provided samples, numerous sample solutions with packages illustrate the discussed concepts. In addition, custom task and custom component projects are provided that you can study to better understand how to write custom components for Integration Services. The custom tasks, components, and utilities provided are as follows:
- SampleTask—A rudimentary task discussed in Chapter 28, “Building Custom Tasks.”
- StarterTask—A custom task project with a full task UI you can use to start your own custom task project.
- HTTPTask—A custom task for downloading files via HTTP. This is a simple task with no UI.
- ExpressionTask—A custom task for evaluating expressions using the Integration Services Expression Evaluator engine.
- CryptoTask—A fully functional task for encrypting and decrypting text files using the Rijndael algorithm.
- ImageFileSrc—A Data Flow Source Adapter for reading image file information from JPG files.
- DataProfiler—A Data Flow transform for profiling data.
- SQLClientDest—A Data Flow Destination Adapter for writing data flow data to SQL Server using the ADO.NET SQL Client provider.
- ODBCDest—A Data Flow Destination Adapter for writing data flow data to SQL Server using the SQL Server ODBC Client provider.
- ConfigEdit—A simple utility for editing configurations in a package.
- ConfigBatch—A utility for adding, modifying, or deleting a configuration from multiple packages in a batch.
By purchasing this book, you have license to use and freely distribute these components. You can also modify the components in any way you want for sale or redistribution. In the event that you do use this code, a small attribution to this book and the author would be appreciated.