- How Did You Do That?
- Adding a Decorative Border
- Creating a Gradient Fill
- Adding a Vignette to a Portrait
- Creating a High-Contrast Black-and-White Picture
- Fading Out Color
- Coloring a Single Object
- Deleting the Background
- Making a Photo Look Like an Oil Painting
- Posterizing a Picture
- Making a Photo Look Like a Sketch
- Applying the Pointillize Filter
- Trimming a Photo into a Custom Shape
- Applying Effects with the Smart Brush
- Touching Up with the Detail Smart Brush
Touching Up with the Detail Smart Brush
The Detail Smart Brush works the same way as the Smart Brush, only instead of helping you make your selection the way the Quick Selection tool does, it only goes where you put it, so you have more control. This tool is great for fixing up small areas where you need to make sure that the effect is applied exactly where you want it and nowhere else.
- With an image open in the Editor’s Full Edit mode, click the Detail Smart Brush tool.
- Choose an effects category from the pop-up menu at the top of the Smart Paint palette.
- Click an effect to apply.
Paint over the area to which you want to apply the effect.
- To remove an area from the selection, click the Remove from Selection brush.
- Paint over the area that shouldn’t have the effect.
- To modify the settings, double-click the Pin in the image window.
Make your changes and click OK.