- Day 3: Using Web Forms
- Performing Basic State Management in Web Applications
- Using Cookies
- Using Hidden Fields and Query Strings
- Working with the Session Object
- Working with the Application Object
- Setting Up Global Objects with the global.asax File
- Configuring the Application
Q I want to make my ASP.NET Web site extremely fast. What strategies should I take?
A For ultimate performance, don't use ASP.NET sessions, and don't use Web Control ViewState (which will be explained in full tomorrow). As you absorb tomorrow's lesson, this strategy will become more clear.
Q I have heard that ASP.NET contains special features for so-called Web farms, where multiple Web servers are used to host one site. How does this work?
A ASP.NET has features that allow you to store sessions on another computer (the session server) or in a Microsoft SQL Server database. These techniques are explained on Day 18. You can't use the Application object this way.