- Botnet Detection in the Core
- BITSI (Biologically Inspired Tactical Security Infrastructure)
- Defenses Against Botnet-Aided Spam over VoIP
- Botnet Activity Detection Based Upon an Analogy to the RNAi Immune System
- Intel's DDI (Distributed Detection and Inference) Research Program
Phalanx is a technique to fight denial-of-service attacks even in the case of botnets composed of millions of devices.
With this technique, a client communicating with a destination bounces its packets through a random sequence of end-hosts. Because the attacker doesn't know which computers are passing on the communication, they can disrupt at most only a fraction of the traffic, even for end-hosts with low bandwidth access links.