- Examining the Dreamweaver Window
- Working with Toolbars
- Resizing Panels
- Working with Panels
- Docking and Undocking Panels
- Grouping and Ungrouping Panels
- Creating a Workspace
- Using the Status Bar
- Changing the View with the Zoom Tool
- Working with Rulers
- Working with the Grid and Guides
- Creating Keyboard Shortcuts
- Setting General Preferences
- Setting New Document Preferences
- Working with Colors
- Setting Highlighting Color Preferences
Using the Status Bar
To work efficiently in Dreamweaver you need information about the active document. Details about the document’s size and estimated download time all help in the design and preparation of the page. Dreamweaver displays current information about the active document and common display tools on the Status bar, located at the bottom of the document window. The Status bar displays the Tag selector for the current selection and the estimated document size and download time, and allows you to use the Select, Hand, or Zoom tools, set document magnification, or resize the Document window.
Use the Status Bar
- View the display information or click a tool on the Status bar:
- Tag Selector. Shows the hierarchy of tags surrounding the current selection.
- Select Tool. Use to enable or disable the Select tool.
- Hand Tool. Use to drag a document into the Document window.
- Zoom Tool. Use to increase or decrease the magnification level for a document.
- Set Magnification. Use to select a predefined magnification level.
- Window Size. Use to resize the Document window to a predefined value in Design view.
- Document Size And Estimated Download Time. Shows the estimated document size and download time for the page.
Set Windows Size and Connection Speed from the Status Bar
- Click the Dreamweaver (Mac) or Edit (Win) menu, and then click Preferences.
- Click the Status Bar category.
- Set the options you want:
- Window Sizes. Specify the window sizes you want to appear in the Status bar.
- Connection Speed. Select the connection speed (in kilobits per second) you want to use to calculate the download size that appears in the Status bar.
- Click OK.