Home > Articles > Business & Management > Personal Development

  • Print
  • + Share This
Like this article? We recommend

Example 2

I frequently do a search for a NETWORK ENGINEER.

That always meant someone who worked on LANs and WANs. Now many companies look at this title as someone who strictly does WANs. Most Network Engineer positions are for Cisco folks. But that also depends on the sector that is advertising.

Some sectors will use this title for LAN Engineers while others will use one of the variants.

The other confusing title is SYSTEM ENGINEER. Some companies use the term Network Engineer and System Engineer interchangeably. While others use the term Systems Engineer for infrastructure folks. There is no rhyme or reason to this.

The following variants are used as well for these two:

  • Network Specialist
  • Network Analyst
  • Systems Specialist
  • Systems Analyst
  • Network Administrator
  • Systems Administrator

What do you call what you do and what do others call what you do when it comes to these skills?

Here is another example.

  • + Share This
  • 🔖 Save To Your Account