- Using iTunes to Add Audio and Video Content to iPhone
- Using the iTunes Store Application to Add Audio and Video to iPhone
- Listening to Music
- Controlling Audio Content with the iPod Control Bar
- Finding and Listening to Podcasts
- Finding and Watching Video
- Customizing iPhone for iPod
Controlling Audio Content with the iPod Control Bar
Because you can do so much more on iPhone than just listen to music, you’ll often be doing something else, such as browsing the Web while music is playing. It would be a nuisance to have to move back into the iPod functions to perform basic actions, such as pausing music. Fortunately, with the iPod control bar, you don’t have to.
>>>step-by-step: Configure the iPod Control Bar
First, configure how you want to activate the control bar.
- On the Home screen, press Settings. You see the Settings screen.
- Scroll down until you see the General option.
- Press General.
- Scroll down until you see the Home Button option.
- Press Home Button.
- If you want to move to the iPod functions when you press the Home button twice, press iPod. If you want to move to Phone Favorites or Home instead, press those options.
- To make the iPod control bar active when music is playing, ensure ON shows next to iPod Controls; if not, press to the left of the OFF button, which turns the function on.
Use the iPod Control Bar
Use the control bar to do the following tasks.
- Play music.
- Move away from the iPod screens, such as by moving back to the Home screen and then opening the Web browser.
- Press the Home button twice. The screen you were using fades into the background, and the iPod control bar appears.
- Use the controls on the bar to control music.
- When you’re done, press Close. The control bar closes, and you move back to whatever you were doing.