Wrapping It Up
In the first part of this tutorial you discovered how to keep your system backed up, organized, and free of temporary files.
In this part we went through speed-increasing techniques and tasks. Now you should have a noticeable increase in the speed, performance, and health of your PC.
Don't forget the important tips we covered:
- Scan for and eliminate any viruses, spyware, and other infections before doing anything else to your PC. Remember you can get detection and protection tools for free.
- Keep your drives arranged and error-free by defragging and checking for errors.
- Use ReadyBoost and a spare drive to help speed things up.
- Stop applications from loading at Windows startup to get you to work more quickly.
- Tune the advanced visual and performance options to save computing power.