- A Disk Drive Overview
- Connecting a Hard Drive
- Removing a Hard Drive
- Adding a Printer
- Connecting to Another Mac
- Connecting to an Apple TV
- Connecting to a Computer via FTP
- Using an iPod as a Hard Drive
- Connecting a TV as a Second Monitor
- Connecting a Wireless Keyboard
- Connecting a Wireless Mouse
- Selecting a Time Capsule Drive
- Connecting to a Mobile Phone
This chapter is from the book
Connecting a TV as a Second Monitor
Every Mac has an external monitor port that enables you to connect it to an external monitor or television. The second display can mirror your desktop or become a second desktop. This task shows you how to connect a MacBook to a TV.
- Connect the TV monitor cable to the Mac.
- Open System Preferences from the Dock and click the Displays button.
- Click the Arrangement button.
- Drag each screen to create your monitor configuration. Drag the menu bar to the monitor you want the main application windows to open into.