- A Disk Drive Overview
- Connecting a Hard Drive
- Removing a Hard Drive
- Adding a Printer
- Connecting to Another Mac
- Connecting to an Apple TV
- Connecting to a Computer via FTP
- Using an iPod as a Hard Drive
- Connecting a TV as a Second Monitor
- Connecting a Wireless Keyboard
- Connecting a Wireless Mouse
- Selecting a Time Capsule Drive
- Connecting to a Mobile Phone
Using an iPod as a Hard Drive
When an iPod is connected to a Mac, you can configure the iPod to work as a hard drive with iTunes. In the Summary page, check the Enable disk use check box to enable this setting. The next time you connect your iPod to a Mac, the iPod appears on your desktop. Now you can store files on it, too! This task shows you how to connect and access the iPod as a hard drive.
- Connect the iPod dock to the Mac and place the iPod in the dock.
- Double-click the iPod’s icon on the desktop to see its contents in a Finder window.
- Copy files to or from your computer.
- Control-click the iPod and select Eject from the menu to remove the iPod from the desktop.