- A Disk Drive Overview
- Connecting a Hard Drive
- Removing a Hard Drive
- Adding a Printer
- Connecting to Another Mac
- Connecting to an Apple TV
- Connecting to a Computer via FTP
- Using an iPod as a Hard Drive
- Connecting a TV as a Second Monitor
- Connecting a Wireless Keyboard
- Connecting a Wireless Mouse
- Selecting a Time Capsule Drive
- Connecting to a Mobile Phone
This chapter is from the book
Connecting to Another Mac
Macs can connect to other Macs or Windows machines that have File Sharing on. This task shows you how to connect to another Mac that has File Sharing activated in the System Preferences > Sharing window.
- Choose Go > Connect to Server.
- Type the IP address of the other Mac and press Return. (The IP address can be located by going to System Preferences and choosing the Network panel in the TCP/IP tab).
- Type a username and password to log in to the Mac.
- Click the Connect button.