- A Disk Drive Overview
- Connecting a Hard Drive
- Removing a Hard Drive
- Adding a Printer
- Connecting to Another Mac
- Connecting to an Apple TV
- Connecting to a Computer via FTP
- Using an iPod as a Hard Drive
- Connecting a TV as a Second Monitor
- Connecting a Wireless Keyboard
- Connecting a Wireless Mouse
- Selecting a Time Capsule Drive
- Connecting to a Mobile Phone
Removing a Hard Drive
When you’ve finished copying files or using files on the external hard drive, you can disconnect it from your Mac. Before you pull the plug, first eject the drive from Mac OS X. This task shows you how to properly eject a drive.
- Click to select the hard drive on your desktop.
- Drag the hard drive icon to the Eject icon on the Dock. The Trash icon changes to the Eject icon while you are dragging the hard drive.
- Alternatively, Ctrl-click the drive and select Eject to remove the drive from your desktop. Wait for the icon to be removed from the desktop.
- Disconnect the drive from your Mac.