- Preparing to Install Expression Design
- Installing Expression Design
- Launching Expression Design
- Identifying Expression Design Interface Items
- Opening a Document
- Opening Multiple Documents at Once
- Viewing Active Files
- Creating a New Document
- Saving a Document
- Setting Ruler Units
- Setting Ruler Origin
- Changing Document Size
- Changing the Artboard Size
- Viewing Artwork in Wireframe Mode
Launching Expression Design
When you first open Expression Design, the default workspace panel arrangement is displayed. This includes the Layers panel and Properties panel (both docked on the right side of the screen) and the Tools (positioned on the left). The Action bar (the gray area at the bottom of the screen) is also open but remains blank until a document is opened and an item is selected. By default, a new document is not automatically opened when launching the application.
Start Expression Design Using the Start Menu
- Click the Start button on the taskbar.
- Point to All Programs.
- Click Microsoft Expression.
- Click Microsoft Expression Design.
In the window that appears, enter your product key and click Continue.
The Expression Design interface appears, displaying the default workspace panel arrangement.