- Preparing to Install Expression Design
- Installing Expression Design
- Launching Expression Design
- Identifying Expression Design Interface Items
- Opening a Document
- Opening Multiple Documents at Once
- Viewing Active Files
- Creating a New Document
- Saving a Document
- Setting Ruler Units
- Setting Ruler Origin
- Changing Document Size
- Changing the Artboard Size
- Viewing Artwork in Wireframe Mode
Changing Document Size
Anytime you need to change the overall size and/or resolution value of your artwork (for example, to resize a print graphic for use on the web), you can do so by using the controls available in the Document Size dialog box. Remember that any adjustments made using this method affect everything in the document, including the artboard and all your artwork.
Use the Document Size Dialog Box
- Under the File menu, choose Document Size.
- Enter new width and height values in the fields provided. Check Constrain Proportions to resize the document proportionally. If necessary, you can select a different measurement unit from the list provided. Doing so also changes the units that are displayed in the rulers after the dialog box is closed.
- If necesssary, change the resolution value from its current setting. Web graphics are generally saved at 72 ppi, and print graphics at a minimum of 220 ppi.
- Click OK to change the document size.