- Preparing to Install Expression Design
- Installing Expression Design
- Launching Expression Design
- Identifying Expression Design Interface Items
- Opening a Document
- Opening Multiple Documents at Once
- Viewing Active Files
- Creating a New Document
- Saving a Document
- Setting Ruler Units
- Setting Ruler Origin
- Changing Document Size
- Changing the Artboard Size
- Viewing Artwork in Wireframe Mode
Setting Ruler Origin
The ruler point of origin, also referred to as the “zero point,” is the location along the edge of the artboard where zero is positioned in the rulers. In Expression Design, you can choose to place the zero point for both rulers in the upper left corner of the artboard or place it in the upper left for the horizontal ruler and in the bottom left for the vertical ruler.
Changing the Ruler Origin Option
- Under the Edit menu, point to Options and choose Units and Grids.
- In the Options dialog box that appears, uncheck Ruler Origin Is Always Top Left of Artboard. This changes the ruler origin for the vertical ruler from the upper left to the bottom left.