- Make Yourself Indispensable
- A Word About Value
- Being Proactive
- Understanding Technology's Role in the Organization
- Maintain a Business-First Mentality
- Create Standards, Automation, or a Programmer's Toolkit
- Create a Peer Knowledge Network
- Be Known As the Go-To Resource
- Be Ready and Willing to Take on the Necessary Responsibility
- Have Experts You Call On for Your Organization
- Be Passionate About Something!
- Never Blame, and Always Have a Corrective Plan
- Adopt Concept Over Process
- Actions & Ideas
Remember, it isn't that learning skills to become indispensable means you will never be unemployed. What it does mean, however, is that you are committed to developing skills and attitudes that are value-rich—that contribute to your company or client.
This commitment will separate you in the quality and quantity of work you provide. You will be known as a producer and will be viewed as a valuable resource. Even if a company you work for shuts doors, downsizes, or moves to a new geographic area, you will have a readily available list of professional contacts and excellent referrals to bring you your next opportunity.
Start today! Work to become indispensable!