This chapter is from the book
Actions & Ideas
- Are you afraid of giving presentations? Is your first thought, "I could never do that"? If so, put this skill at the top of your list of skills to develop.
- Consider attending a local Toastmasters meeting. Visit http://www.toastmasters.org to find a club near you. If that is not possible, consider taking a class on public speaking or presentation at a local community college or university.
- Work on using the five-paragraph structure discussed in this chapter when writing letters or work summaries. Even if it's not required, write a weekly summary of work in this format. Practice is the best method for improving your writing. Let a peer or supervisor assess your work.
- Make an effort to write e-mail with a logical beginning, middle, and end point. Use an indent or an extra space between paragraphs to break them up.
- Pick up The Elements of Style by Strunk and White. This book is indispensable for improving your writing.