Home & Office Computing
The Web/Virtual Worlds/Social Networking
This chapter is from the book
- Become familiar with the wizards, toolbox, and tasks in the ISA Server Management Console.
- Consider deploying ISA Server 2006 as an additional security layer to an existing firewall environment, particularly where a strong investment currently exists.
- Consider the use of an ISA Server Hardware solution that provides prebuilt and presecured ISA solutions.
- Where possible, take advantage of the enhanced caching capabilities of ISA Server 2006, which are turned off by default.
- Secure Outlook Web Access (OWA) by using ISA reverse-proxy and forms-based authentication whenever possible.
- Consider deploying the Enterprise version of ISA Server 2006 if more than two ISA servers will be deployed or if there are advanced design considerations.
- Deploy ISA Server 2006 on the latest Windows and ISA security patches.
- Consider the use of third-party add-ins for ISA Server that can enable advanced intrusion detection, web-content filtering, improved VPN support, and much more.
- Document and back up the ISA Server 2006 configuration often to ensure quick recovery in disaster recovery scenarios.