Understanding Chart Styles
Forty-eight preset chart styles can be found on the Design tab under Chart Tools. These styles enable you to modify the colors and borders of the series and backgrounds of the chart.
Use these as a starting point, and then customize according to how you want your chart to look:
- Select a chart. Figure 6.8 shows a chart with default styles.
Figure 6.8 This is the default PowerPoint bar chart with only the data modified.
- Select the Design Tab from the Chart Tools section.
- From the Chart Styles group, click the drop-down arrow to open the gallery and see a full list of preset Styles (see Figure 6.9).
Figure 6.9 The gallery of styles you can apply to a Chart.
- Select one of the styles.
- Continue modifying your chart by adding effects to series and changing colors if necessary (see Figure 6.10).
Figure 6.10 A chart created by using one of the Chart Styles and then modified more to suit our needs.