Home & Office Computing
Microsoft Windows Vista & Home Server
- By Paul McFedries
- May 28, 2008
This chapter is from the book
- For the steps required to connect to a standard wireless network, see "Making Wireless Network Connections," p. 113.
- To learn how to open the Network and Sharing Center, see "Accessing the Network and Sharing Center," p. 125.
- For a more detailed look at the types of items you see in the Network window, see "Viewing Network Computers and Devices," p. 130.
- To learn more about wired connections, see Chapter 6, "Managing Network Connections," p. 139.
- For information about how to remotely wake up a computer that's in Sleep mode, see "Using a Network Connection to Wake Up a Sleeping Computer," p. 151.
- To learn more about wireless connections, see Chapter 7, "Managing Wireless Network Connections," p. 157.
- For the details about media sharing, see "Sharing Your Media Player Library," p. 207.
- To learn how to share a folder using advanced permissions, see "Setting Sharing Permissions on Shared Folders," p. 315.