- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing File Icons
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Using the Dashboard
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Automatically Updating Your Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
This chapter is from the book
Using the Dashboard
Naturally, the Dashboard is where you keep indicators, gauges, and other useful things. This handy feature enables you to quickly access helpful desk accessories and just as quickly sweep them out of the way when you’re done using them.
Press F12 to view or hide the Dashboard.
Click the + button to see the Dashboard shelf.
Drag a widget out of the shelf to place it on the Dashboard.
Click the Close button in the upper-left corner of a widget to put it back on the shelf.