- Executive Management Team
- Central Support Team (Proceeds to the EMT Headquarters)
- Affected Site Team (Proceeds to the Damaged or Affected Site)
- Determining the Need for Additional Teams
- Equipment Recovery Team (Proceeds to Affected Site)
- Equipment Installation Team Leader (Proceeds to Backup Site)
- Systems Software and Data Retrieval Team
- Additional Teams to Consider (Exercise!)
Like this article? We recommend
Systems Software and Data Retrieval Team
Duties can include the following:
- Provide file names and description to the off-site storage companies and request retrieval from the alternate site.
- Verify that the data and items retrieved are correct.
- Make initial report of progress to EMT.
- Arrange to have documentation copied, allowing one set to be returned to an off-site storage.
- Alert software vendors, if necessary, and request any required vendor support.
- Travel to backup center and reload all required disk data using available backups.
- Verify that data is properly loaded.
- Bring up and test the network systems software.
- Provide subsequent EMT reports, including an estimate of when systems and software configuration will be ready for recovery operations.
- Assist with problem resolution, installation of resolutions, or fixes.