- Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
- Tip #2: Save Your Favorite Videos
- Tip #3: Create a Video Playlist
- Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
- Tip #5: Watch YouTube Videos on Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
- Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
- Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
- Tip #9: Upload Videos from Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
On most video pages, the bottom-left of the page is taken up by a series of viewer comments. Users can post their comments about any video. These remarks can be serious or considered, or just exclamatory ("Cool video!"), depending on the person doing the posting.
Most users add text comments, which is easy enough to do. Just open the video viewing page, scroll to the Comments & Responses section, and click the Post a Text Comment link. When the Text Comment box appears, enter your comments and then click the Post Comment button.
But here's something you might not know: In addition to entering text comments, you can also post a video comment—that is, you upload your own video as a response to the video you just watched.
To reply with your own video comment, scroll to the Comments & Responses section and click the Post a Video Response link. This displays a new Video Response page. From here you can choose to record a video response (using a webcam and microphone), or choose another video you've already uploaded to YouTube as your response, or upload a new video as your response. Follow the onscreen instructions to record/choose/upload the video you want to respond with.