- Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
- Tip #2: Save Your Favorite Videos
- Tip #3: Create a Video Playlist
- Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
- Tip #5: Watch YouTube Videos on Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
- Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
- Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
- Tip #9: Upload Videos from Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
If you like a particular YouTube video, chances are you have a friend or two who might like it, too. That's why YouTube lets you share the videos you like—in fact, this type of video sharing is a defining feature of the whole YouTube experience.
You share YouTube videos via email. That is, YouTube lets you send your friends an email that contains a link to the video you like. When a friend receives this email, he or she can click the link in the message to go to YouTube and play the video.
When you want to share a video, go to that video's page and click the Share link underneath the YouTube video player. This opens the Share Video pane; click the Friends link. When the next window appears, enter the email addresses of the intended recipients, separating multiple addresses with commas. Enter your name and a personal message if you want. Click the Send button, and in a few minutes your recipients will receive the message.
By the way, you can also share videos from your Favorites list. Just click the Share Video button beneath the video you want to share; then proceed to send the email as usual.