- Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
- Tip #2: Save Your Favorite Videos
- Tip #3: Create a Video Playlist
- Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
- Tip #5: Watch YouTube Videos on Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
- Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
- Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
- Tip #9: Upload Videos from Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
If you're like me, not all your videos are perfect on first recording. Most can do with a little editing—rearranging some of the scenes, adding titles, applying special effects, and the like. Previously, you had to do this editing in a separate program, which cost you money. Now, however, you can edit your videos after you've uploaded them to YouTube, using the new YouTube Remixer online editing program.
YouTube Remixer is a proprietary version of Adobe's Premier Express program. Though not quite as versatile as Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker or Apple's iMovie, the Remixer is still quite handy and easy to use.
To edit a video with YouTube Remixer, click the My Videos link in the My box on YouTube's home page. When your list of uploaded videos appears, click the Remix Video button next to the video you want to edit.
You can combine multiple videos into a larger video; add graphics, captions, and borders; add transitions and effects between video clips; and add background music from YouTube's library of licensed music tracks. Remixer uses a drag-and-drop interface that's fairly intuitive, so you should be able to figure it out without a steep learning curve.