- What Is a Query and When Should You Use One?
- Opening a Query in Datasheet View
- Opening a Query in Design View
- Running a Query
- Adding and Removing Fields
- Modifying the Sort Order of a Query
- Working with Simple Criteria
- Modifying the Datasheet View of a Query
- Saving a Query
- Printing Query Results
- Closing a Query
Explain the difference between the And and Or query conditions.
With the And condition, both of the specified conditions must be true in order for the row to appear in the query result. With the Or condition, only one of the specified conditions must be true in order for the row to appear in the query result.
Explain the difference between ? and * in query criteria.
? acts as a wildcard for a single character, whereas * acts as a wildcard for multiple characters.
Explain the difference between a Select query and an Action query.
A Select query retrieves data, whereas an Action query inserts, updates, or deletes data (that is, modifies data in some way).
Explain the difference between saving a query and saving the layout of a query.
Saving a query saves the SQL underlying the query. Saving the layout of a query saves the visual appearance of the datasheet.