- Trick #61: Brand Your BusinessAnd Market It
- Trick #62: Link to Your Other Listings
- Trick #63: Set Up Product Cross-Promotions
- Trick #64: Encourage Add-On Sales
- Trick #65: Optimize Your Listings for Search
- Trick #66: Create an Email Mailing List
- Trick #67: Gain Exposure by Writing Reviews and Guides
- Trick #68: Use Google AdWords
- Trick #69: Feed Your Store Listings to Google Product Search
- Trick #70: Promote Your eBay Listings in the Real World
- eBay Business Profile: Balkowitsch Enterprises, Inc.
- A Rags to Riches Story
- How to Grow a Business
- Managing the Business
- Selling Strategies
- Keys to Success
eBay isn't Shane's sole selling venue. In addition to traditional eBay listings, Balkowitsch Enterprises also runs an eBay store, has its own e-commerce website (www.balkowitsch.com), and lists some items on Amazon.com. As Shane puts it, "We do not want to be one-dimensional and only rely on eBay."
The eBay Store for Balkowitsch Enterprises.
The company's e-commerce website.
As to eBay, Shane has approximately 1,000 listings going at any given time. He runs all items as fixed-price Buy It Now listings. Here's why:
"When you are selling new items, you cannot sell things for less than cost, so using Buy It Now is the only way to go. Waiting around for seven days for an item to sell, then for the buyer to come way under cost is a waste of our time and their time. With Buy It Now I can sell 10 of the same item in the same day, which is not the case with the auction format."