Nobody's perfect! After you create a style, you might need to edit it. Oftentimes while I am working on a design I modify styles many times before they are exactly the way I want them. Fortunately, it's easy to edit styles in Dreamweaver using the same CSS Rule Definition dialog box where you created the style. To edit a CSS style, follow these steps:
- Select one of the styles displayed in the CSS Styles panel.
- Click the Edit Style button, shown in Figure 6.11, to reopen the CSS Rule Definition dialog box.
Figure 6.11 You can easily edit CSS styles by using the Edit Style button in the CSS Styles panel.
- Edit the style by selecting style categories and modifying properties.
- Click the Apply button to see the modifications you've made displayed in the Document window.
- When you are satisfied, click OK to save your changes.
You can also edit CSS style properties in the Properties pane in the bottom half of the CSS Styles panel. Simply click any of the properties in any of the three views (Category, List, or Add Property) to modify or add the property to the style definition. I think it is easier to edit a style using the Edit Style button. As you become more familiar with the properties available by using CSS, you might want to use these new property views to edit CSS styles.