This chapter is from the book
Chapter Review Questions
- What does the push operation do on a labeled packet?
- Which Cisco IOS command do you use to see what the swapped label is and which labels are pushed onto a received packet for a certain prefix?
- What does the outgoing label entry of "Aggregate" in the LFIB of a Cisco IOS LSR mean?
- What label value signals the penultimate LSR to use penultimate hop popping (PHP)?
- What are the value and the function of the Router Alert label?
- Why does an LSR forward the ICMP message "time exceeded" along the LSP of the original packet with the TTL expiring instead of returning it directly?
- Is using Path MTU Discovery a guarantee that there will be no MTU problems in the MPLS network?
- Why is MTU or MRU such an important parameter in MPLS networks?