- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items in the List Window
- Types of Items
- Using Items on Forms
- Adding Information On-the-Fly
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Using Notes to Enter Customer and Job Information
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Using the Activities Menu on Your Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
This chapter is from the book
Deleting Entries on a List
You can remove list entries that have never been used. This option generally applies to account names that QuickBooks entered when you first set up your company and that you never intend to use, but this procedure can also be used for other information you don't need. For example, if you open the Terms List and see several options for payment terms that your company doesn't use, you can delete the unwanted choices.
Delete a List Entry
- Open a list. This example uses the Chart of Accounts List.
- Click the account you want to delete.
- Click the Account button at the bottom of the dialog box, then select Delete Account from the drop-down menu. On a list that appears in one of the Centers, right-click on the list entry you want to delete, then choose Delete from the pop-up menu.
- Click OK when the Delete Account window appears.
- Click Cancel if you change your mind and want to keep the account.