- Setting General Preferences
- Setting Desktop View Preferences
- Sorting Lists
- Displaying Lists on Forms
- Adding Accounts
- Using Account Numbers
- Adding Customers
- Displaying Detailed Customer Information
- Adding Vendors
- Adding Items in the List Window
- Types of Items
- Using Items on Forms
- Adding Information On-the-Fly
- Moving Items on a List
- Creating Subitems
- Editing Information on a List
- Using Notes to Enter Customer and Job Information
- Hiding Entries on Lists
- Using the Activities Menu on Your Lists
- Deleting Entries on a List
- Merging Entries on a List
- Printing Lists
- Searching for Transactions
- Generating a QuickReport
- Setting Accounting Preferences
This chapter is from the book
By using QuickBooks to keep track of your customers, you can personalize their billings, send invoices and mailings effortlessly, and see at a glance the status of their accounts. QuickBooks provides you with built-in fields for entering detailed information about each of your customers.
- Click the Customer Center icon on the toolbar.
- Click the New Customer & Job button at the top of the Customer Center window, and then click New Customer from the drop-down menu (or press Ctrl+N).
- Enter all the information you have about this customer, including name, address, billing and shipping addresses, phone and fax numbers, and email address.
- Using the Copy button enables you to quickly transfer address information from the Bill To address field to the Ship To field.
- Click the Additional Info tab to progress to the next customer information screen.
- If you plan to track this information, enter the type of referral that led this customer to you.
- Enter the terms you've chosen for this customer. You can select Add New to add your own options to this and the other drop-down lists.
- If your company is required to collect sales tax from this customer, you can identify the type of sales tax and indicate that the customer is taxable in the Sales Tax Information section of the window.
- You can use the Custom Fields area to create useful fields of your own. Click the Define Fields button to add your own fields to this area.
- Click the other tabs to enter information such as credit limit, credit card number, status of job, and so on.