- Exploring the Windows Desktop
- Pointing and Clicking
- Dragging and Dropping
- Moving a Window
- Scrolling a Window
- Resizing a Window
- Maximizing, Minimizing, and Closing a Window
- Using the Windows Start Menu
- Opening a Program
- Creating a New Shortcut on the Desktop
- Switching Between Programs
- Using Menus
- Using Toolbars
- Managing PC Resources with MY Computer
- Managing Windows with the Control Panel
- Changing the Size of Your Desktop
- Selecting a New Desktop Theme
- Personalizing the Desktop Background
- Changing the Color Scheme
- Setting up Additional Users
- Using a Screensaver
- Getting Help in Windows
This chapter is from the book
Selecting a New Desktop Theme
Desktop themes are specific combinations of background wallpaper, colors, fonts, cursors, sounds, and screensavers all arranged around a specific look or topic. When you choose a new theme, the look and feel of your entire desktop changes. Windows's default theme is called Windows XP.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop to display a pop-up menu.
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu; this opens the Display Properties dialog box.
- Click the Themes tab.
- Select a new theme from the Theme drop-down list; click OK when you're done.