- Adding Media from Your Hard Drive
- Adding Media from Removable Media or a Removable Drive
- Switching Views
- Viewing Media Information
- Adding Comments and Descriptions to Media
- Cleaning Up the Media Panel in Icon View
- Using the Preview Area for a Quick Look at a Clip
- Setting the Clips Poster Frame
- Organizing Clips on the Media Panel
- Creating Folders and Subfolders in the Media Panel
- Adding Standard TV Media to the Media Panel
- Searching for a Media File
- Assembling Clips on the Timeline for a Rough Cut Edit
Creating Folders and Subfolders in the Media Panel
A great way to stay organized, especially with projects where you are using lots of media, is to create folders and subfolders within the Media panel.
Right-click on an existing folder or on an empty space in the Media panel.
Select New Folder from the contextual menu.
A new folder is created in an available place; give the folder a new name if you don’t like Premiere Elements’ default one by typing over the highlighted text.