- Editing Data
- Overwriting and Deleting Data
- Undoing and Redoing Changes
- Inserting Cells
- Deleting Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Rows
- Inserting and Deleting Columns
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Data
- Flipping Rows and Columns
- Moving Data
- Finding Data
- Replacing Data
- Adding and Viewing Cell Comments
- Editing and Deleting Cell Comments
- Inserting Symbols
- Tracking Changes
- Accepting or Rejecting Tracked Changes
- Checking Spelling
Excel lets you move information from one cell into another cell, which means you do not have to type the data into the new cell and then erase the data in the old location. You might want to move data in a worksheet because the layout of the worksheet has changed.
Select the cells you want to move.
Click the border of the selected cells and drag the cells to the location in the worksheet where you want to paste the cell data.
Release the mouse button to drop the data in its new location.