- Overview of the Validation Controls
- Using the RequiredFieldValidator Control
- Using the RangeValidator Control
- Using the CompareValidator Control
- Using the RegularExpressionValidator Control
- Using the CustomValidator Control
- Using the ValidationSummary Control
- Creating Custom Validation Controls
In this chapter, you learned how to perform form validation with the ASP.NET 2.0 Framework. First, you were provided with an overview of all the standard validation controls. You learned how to highlight validation error messages and how to take advantage of validation groups to simulate multiple forms in a single page.
In the final section of this chapter, you learned how to create custom validation controls by deriving new controls from the BaseValidator control. We created both a custom LengthValidator and AjaxValidator control.