- Who You Gonna Call?
- Too Many Versions and Patches
- Office Knows Best
- No Attachments or Links in Outlook Email
- Macro SecurityReferences and Security
- Frames Around Inserted Images and Diagrams
- Cant Send More Than One Message to Junk Mail
- Cant Move Customized Toolbars to Another Computer
- Wheres My Stuff?
- Office Wizards Promise to Save Settings but May Not
- Email Setup Is Too Complex
- No Easy Synchronicity
5. Macro Security—References and Security
I feel for Microsoft, I really do, on this one. Here they have opened up its code for developers and attracted a host of malicious hackers.
But the power user who has struggled long and hard to master macros and the VBA interface now faces an almost insurmountable hurdle—getting his or her code to work without a lot of popup warnings and menus.
And, going back to versions, creating macros and code on one system means you have to go back and set references in the VBA editor (or write a complex add-in) to get an Office automation macro to manipulate another Office program on another PC.
The entire idea of macros is to speed up work. If you need to enable them by lowering security in the options area, and deal with a host of warning popup menus, their entire raison d’etre is defeated.