- Web Sites Are Supposed to Make Things Easier, Arent They?
- Standardization, Please!
- Requiring Unnecessary Features or Plug-ins for Navigation
- Silent Failures for Unavailable Browser Features
- Failing Completely for Unavailable Features or Unsupported Browsers/Versions
- Browsers Not Offering Per Window or Easily Reversible Setting Changes
- Companies Registering <sitename> But Not <http://www.sitename>
- Making Information Hard to Find
- Making It Hard to Find or Select Among Products
- Being Impossible to Contact
- Putting Information Only in PDF or Document Format, Not in HTML or at Least Text Files
- Having No-Value-Added Click Here to Enter Splash Pages
- Check Your Site for Stupidity
Browsers Not Offering ’Per Window’ or Easily Reversible Setting Changes
Every so often, I encounter a web site that requires me to make some browser setting changes. But I shouldn’t have to make changes that will then be applied to all my other browsing—or that I have to undo, one by one. There should be some way to tweak custom settings and then "untweak" them all with a single click—is that asking too much? (I know, "Use VMware and run disposable browser sessions.")