- Learning How to Create Reports
- The Asia Database
- Begin the Report by Creating a Query
- Beginning a Report in Design View
- Detail Section
- Page Header and Footer
- Using Concatenation
- Report Header and Footer
- Creating a Report Using the Report Wizard
- Comparing the From-Scratch and From-Wizard Reports
- Case Example
This chapter is from the book
Beginning a Report in Design View
Now you'll use this query as the basis for a new report that you'll design from scratch:
- In the Database window, select qryAdministration and choose Insert-Report.
- With Design View chosen, click OK. The query field list should be in view; if not, choose View, Field List (or peek ahead to Figure 10.1 to locate the Field List button on the toolbar). If a property sheet is open, close it.
- Choose View, Page Header/Footer to get rid of these two sections.
- Choose File, Save. Save the report as rptAdministration.