These quiz questions are provided for your further understanding. See Appendix A, "Answers to Quiz Questions," for the answers—but don’t peek!
- Given that it’s impossible to test a program completely, what information do you think should be considered when deciding whether it’s time to stop testing?
- Start the Windows Calculator. Type 5,000-5= (the comma is important). Look at the result. Is this a bug? Why or why not?
- If you were testing a simulation game such as a flight simulator or a city simulator, what do you think would be more important to test—its accuracy or its precision?
- Is it possible to have a high-quality and low-reliability product? What might an example be?
- Why is it impossible to test a program completely?
- If you were testing a feature of your software on Monday and finding a new bug every hour, at what rate would you expect to find bugs on Tuesday?