- Exploring the ISA Server 2004 Management Console
- Configuring Networks with ISA Console Network Wizards and Tools
- Exploring Firewall Policy Settings
- Navigating the Monitoring Node Options
- Working with the Virtual Private Networks Node
- Examining the Cache Node Settings
- Configuring Add-ins
- Exploring the ISA General Node
- Best Practices
This chapter is from the book
- When possible, become familiar with the ISA Server Console before becoming involved in production ISA Server configuration.
- Use the Help tab in the Task Pane for more information about the specific console node selected.
- When not in use, park the ISA Server Console on the Dashboard of the Monitoring node so that you can quickly glance at and see updated real-time ISA status.
- Enable only those options on the ISA Server that are absolutely necessary.
- Use the logging mechanism in ISA server to troubleshoot firewall rule creation.
- Delegate administration based on group membership whenever possible, rather than on individual users.
- Consider the use of third-party add-ins to extend the capabilities of ISA Server.